Re: metag: CONFIG_METAG_SUSPEND_MEM

Hi Paul,

On 20/05/14 10:08, Paul Bolle wrote:
> There are a number of checks for CONFIG_METAG_SUSPEND_MEM in metag's
> code. But there's no Kconfig symbol METAG_SUSPEND_MEM. That means
> there's quite bit of code currently hidden by those checks (from a patch
> I drafted before sending this message):
>     arch/metag/include/asm/irq.h    |   5 ---
>     arch/metag/kernel/Makefile      |   1 -
>     arch/metag/kernel/traps.c       |  38 ----------------------
>     arch/metag/mm/mmu-meta2.c       |  18 -----------
>     drivers/irqchip/irq-metag-ext.c | 196 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     5 files changed, 258 deletions(-)
>
> I assume people are still working on that code, and that
> METAG_SUSPEND_MEM will be added in some future release. Am I right?

That was the plan, yes. The TZ1090 SoC can do suspend to RAM, but not in
mainline yet, so there are a few loose ends still.

I'll have a look at what we can do to sort it out. I have a work in
progress patchset somewhere to add the suspend support to mainline, then
at least the code could be enabled.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Cheers
James