Re: [Consult] About tool chains of metag

On 04/12/13 12:02, James Hogan wrote:
> On 04/12/13 05:45, Chen Gang wrote:
>> Could you provide any related information about metag tool chains?
>>
>> I plan to cross compile metag with allmodconfig, but now it seems not
>> quite easy to find related gcc (binutils-2.23.2 support metag, but gcc
>> main line does not).
>
> A buildroot tree containing a gcc-4.2.4 patch can be found here:
>
> git://github.com/img-meta/metag-buildroot.git metag-core
>
> Use meta2_defconfig
>
> There's a known issue with all/random config builds with this toolchain
> which results in internal compiler errors triggered by the inline asm in
> arch/metag/include/asm/io.h when used by certain drivers, so I need to
> update the patch to the latest before these will go away.

I've pushed a new buildroot branch which has the updated GCC 4.2.4 patch:

git://github.com/img-meta/metag-buildroot.git metag-core-2013.11
Again use meta2_defconfig.

Tony: Is this something you can easily use to generate a Meta toolchain
for https://www.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/?

Thanks
James