Re: tvp5150 regression after commit 9f924169c035

* Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [160415 09:50]:
> On 04/15/2016 10:58 AM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > If you block PM runtime for I2C, then it blocks deeper idle states
> > for the whole device. Note that you can disable off mode during idle
>
> Thanks again for this clarification.
>
> > and suspend with:
> >
> > # echo 0 > /sys/kernel/debug/pm_debug/enable_off_mode
> >

> I see thought that enable_off_mode is 0 by default when booting the board:
>
> # cat /sys/kernel/debug/pm_debug/enable_off_mode
> 0

OK so you're not hitting off mode then.

> So if I understood your explanation correctly, that means that the glitch
> should not happen for the GPIO pins since the machine doesn't enter into
> deeper idle states that could cause the glitch from erratum 1.158?

Correct. But you could still have a dependency to some other
device driver that stays active if I2C keeps the whole system
from hitting retention mode during idle.

Regards,

Tony