Re: [RFC/PATCH] [media] rcar-vin: add Renesas R-Car VIN IP core

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 5:55 PM, Niklas Söderlund
<niklas.soderlund+renesas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A V4L2 driver for Renesas R-Car VIN IP cores that do not depend on
> soc_camera. The driver is heavily based on its predecessor and aims to
> replace the soc_camera driver.

Thanks a lot, this will allow me to implement HDMI input properly.

One issue: With either HDMI or analog, I get a black picture using
MMIO, while using read() works.

> The driver is tested on Koelsch and can grab frames using yavta.  It
> also passes a v4l2-compliance (1.10.0) run without failures. There is
> however a issues sometimes if one first run v4l2-compliance and then
> yavta the grabbed frames are a bit fuzzy. I'm working on it.

For the record, I have had the same problem with the old driver, but I
was not able to reproduce it reliably.

CU
Uli