i.MX6 VPU and CODA

Hi,

I have been following the development of Coda support for the i.MX6 every now and then. Lately I was told that the current support still has a few problems with some corner cases in h.264 and other formats. I thought perhaps my code in libimxvpuapi can help a bit: https://github.com/Freescale/libimxvpuapi/blob/master/imxvpuapi/imxvpuapi_vpulib.c

This is a wrapper around the low-level imx-vpu library, similar to Freescale's libfslvpuwrap. The important part is that using imx-vpu alone is not easy, and sometimes, encoded frames need additional metadata in order for the VPU to be able to work with them. I figured out several of these (partially undocumented) necessary extras and put them in the library.

So, if you see something in the code that might be carried over to Coda, I'd be interested to know.