Debugging v4l-pci driver without real HW

Hello,

I would like to ask if it is possible in some way or other to start
debugging the pci driver without the real hardware available.
I've decided to use solo6x10 driver (I hope it's a good decision) as a
template for our coming hardware.
The thing is that I don't have hardware yet. I expect to purchase it
in the coming days, but wanted to start debugging code even before
that.
Is it possible in some way or other to make the driver think that the
pci board is connected to pci HW ?

Thank you,
Ran