Re: Pinnacle PCTV DVB-S2 Stick (461e) - HD Streams with artefacts

Rainer Dorsch wrote:

Certainly any hint how to solve this issue is welcome.

I added a comment on the tvh forum - will paste here as well in
case anyone is interested -

You could try spinning up you cpu(s) with

nice -19 dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/null

I added four of these, but if at all then there was only a minor
impact.

Oh, OK it was worth a try.

If you have multiple cores maybe start more than one.

I have a couple of DVB-T2 PCTV sticks and got some usb/power
save/xhci issues on my h/w.

Above would mostly fix. Rather than do that I found that the issue
was far less if I disabled USB3 in bios to avoid using the xhci
driver.

The cubox-i has no USB 3 port and no bios :-/

Ahh, quite different h/w then. Mine was a quad core baytrail DC board.

Of course your issue may be totally different - but it's worth a
try.

Your symptoms do point to ts packet loss - which I know from my
experience can be at usb level. There are posts on here from the
past where people with PCIE cards also had to do similar.

Sounds reasonable. Can I enable logs which would make these drops
explicit?

Not that I know of at kernel level. The only way really is to infer loss
from the continuity counters, which TVH already logs.