Re: DVBSky T980C ci not working with kernel 4.x

On 2015-12-08 04:49, Nibble Max wrote:

Does this card work with the media code from dvbsky.net from kernel 4.x?

On 2015-12-06 19:10:41, Timo_Helkiö <timo.helkio@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

Common interface in Dvbsky T980C is not working with Ubuntu 15.10 kernel
4.2.0 and vanilla kernel 4.6 and latest dvb-drivers from Linux-media
git. With Ubuntu 15.04 and kernel 3.19 it is working. I have tryid to
find differences in drivers, but my knolege of c it is not possible.
Erros message is "invalid PC-card".

I have also Tevii S470 with same PCIe bridge Conexant cx23885.

How to debug this? I can do minor changes to drivers for testing it.

   Timo Helkiö

Best Regards,
Max

the code from dvbsky works, specificaly this one:
http://www.dvbsky.net/download/linux/media_build-bst-151028.tar.gz

i contacted dvbsky a month or two ago and complained about their old drivers no longer working on newer kernels, then i got the above link and CI works.

but, i would prefer a working solution using the official code that is in the kernel or the "proper" media_build.

there is several reports of this card being broken but unfortunately it looks like noone can fix it. unfortunately i dont know enough to debug kernel drivers or how the linux kernel works.