Re: Dear TV card experts - I need you help

(Please don't reply privately, keep all correspondence to this mailing list.)

> Let me start of by presenting myself. I am a Computer Engineer and a
> business man, looking to launch a service where TV channels from
> primarily satellites will be made available to the public.

You and 2 million other entrepreneurs, past, present and future.

In most western countries, It's illegal to randomly redistribute
television content unless you have specific paid-for negotiated rights
with the content providers and the broadcasters. You should start by
studying the law and contacting the content owners, negotiating
contracts and seeking permission.

Solve the legal contract / redistribution first, then the technology
to make it happen is easily available.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com