Re: PID filter testing

On 11/20/2015 04:25 PM, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
On 11/20/2015 02:27 PM, Honza Petrouš wrote:
Hi, what tools can I use to test pid filter support in the drivers ?

Zap utility from dvbapps seems to be some simpler way - you can pass them
the fixed pids and record filtered data by simple command.

See at:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Zap

/Honza

Hi, can you elaborate with a command line example ? To start with I want
only the 0x1fff pid from a random dvb-c mux.

hmm, that is null pid for padding ts to correct size IIRC. Take into account that some pid filters / bridges automatically filter it out. Usually it is there though.

So it is not very good pid to test. If you want test some pid which is always there look those mandatory pids which are pids numbered near 0.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/