cobalt & dma

Hello,

I intend to use cobalt driver as a refence for new pci v4l2 driver,
which is required to use several input simultaneously. for this cobalt
seems like a best starting point.
read/write streaming will probably be suffecient (at least for the
dirst debugging).
The configuration in my cast is i7 core <-- pci ---> fpga.
I see that the dma implementation is quite complex, and would like to
ask for some tips regarding the following points related to dma issue:

1. Is it possible to do the read/write without dma (for debug as start) ?
What changes are required for read without dma (I assume dma is used
by default in read/write) ?
Is it done by using  #include <media/videobuf2-vmalloc.h> instead of
#include <media/videobuf2-dma*> ?

2. I find it difficult to unerstand  cobalt_dma_start_streaming()
implementation, which has many specific cobalt memory writing
iowrite32().
How can I understand how/what to implement dma in my specific platform/device ?

Best Regards,
Ran