Trying to enable RC6 IR for PCTV T2 290e

Hi,

My Hauppauge RC5 remote control finally broke, and the PCTV T2 290e's
native RC5 remote control isn't suitable for VDR, and so I bought a
cheap RC6 remote as a replacement. The unit I chose was the Ortek
VRC-1100 Vista MCE Remote Control, USB ID 05a4:9881. I've been able to
switch the PCTV device into RC6 mode using "ir-keytable -p rc-6",
which does seem to execute the correct case of
em2874_ir_change_protocol(). However, when I press any buttons on my
new remote, I still don't see em2874_polling_getkey() being called,
which makes me wonder if the RC6 support is truly enabled.

Has anyone managed to use this device's RC6 functionality, please? I
can test patches for this driver (againt Linux 4.2.6).

FWIW, I did manage to configure VDR to use the MCE remote's native USB
dongle, although I needed to tweak my X server's configuration first:

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "VDR IR dongle"
    MatchUSBID "05a4:9881"
    Option    "Ignore" "on"
EndSection

and even then, VDR *still* didn't recognise all of the keys.

Cheers,
Chris