Re: Elgato Eye TV Deluxe V2 supported?

I realise this is from over a year ago but I ended up putting it to
one side till the kernel 'caught up' as it were.

Looking at github/torvalds/linux/tree/master/drivers/media/dvb-frontends
it looks like the as102 support is now in mainline and indeed looking
at staging there's no reference at all to any as102 devices.

I've just installed FC22 Kernel 4-1-10-200 x86_64 onto a box and
installed the required firmware files into /lib/firmware in the hope
the device would now work....unfortunately plugging it in gives me
exactly the same as early last year.....no firmware load even though
dmesg sees the device installed.

Am I still stuck with potentially having to compile a custom kernel to
support this device under Fedora (which isn't an option due to SELinux
issues it would present elsewhere).

Thanks in advance.