Re: v4l2 api: supported resolution negotiation

Le dimanche 04 octobre 2015 à 21:49 +0300, Sakari Ailus a écrit :
> I think the GStreamer
> v4lsrc tries very small and very large values. The driver will clamp
> them to
> a supported values which are passed to the application from the
> IOCTL.

In GStreamer we try ENUM_FRAMESIZE, and when no supported, we fallback
to try_fmt() with 1x1 (driver will raise it to the minimum) and then
MAX,MAX (driver will lower it to the maximum). We assume that the
driver supports a range, as iterating over all possibilities takes too
much time.

Nicolas