Re: [Question]: What's right way to use struct media_pipeline?

On 09/24/2015 01:47 AM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
On 09/24/2015 02:55 AM, Bryan Wu wrote:
Hi Hans,

I found struct media_pipeline actually is completely empty and I assume we use that to control all the entities belonging to one media_pipeline.

media_pipeline should contains either all the media_link or all the media_entity. How come an empty struct can provide those information?
It's basically an empty base class to speak in C++ terminology.

See drivers/media/platform/xilinx/xilinx-dma.h on how it is used there.

Laurent Pinchart knows a lot more about it than I do, though.

Hi Laurent,

I have a subdev media entity which have 4 media pads.

pad[0] is sink and pad[1] is source, these 2 pads belong to the first media pipeline

pad[2] is sink and pad[3] is source, these 2 pads belong to the second media pipeline

Actually our hardware Tegra has 3 these kind of entities, so totally we have 6 media pipelines like 6 dma channels.

How to handle that with media pipeline framework? I saw in xilinx driver it just has one pipeline which is shared by several DMA channels, right?

-Bryan

What about following ideas?
1. when media_entity_create_links, it will return a media_link pointer.
2. we save this media_link pointer into the media_pipeline
3. use this media_pipeline for start streaming, stop streaming and validate links.

Maybe I miss something during recent media controller changes.

Thanks,
-Bryan