Re: Terratec H7 Rev. 4 is DVBSky

Den 2015-09-19 kl. 23:39, skrev Roger Mårtensson:
Den 2015-09-11 kl. 17:04, skrev Erik Andresen:
Hi,

I recently got a Terratec H7 in Revision 4 and turned out that it is not
just a new revision, but a new product with USB ProductID 0x10a5.
Previous revisions have been AZ6007, but this revision does not work
with this driver [1].

Output of lsusb (extended output attached):
Bus 001 Device 011: ID 0ccd:10a5 TerraTec Electronic GmbH

The revision 4 seems to a DVBSky variant, adding its Product ID to
dvbsky.c with the attached patch enabled me to scan for channels and
watch DVB-C and DVB-T.

greetings,
Erik

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg70934.html
Do I feel lucky or what..
Just got my H7 devices delivered and noticed the lack of supported driver and some quick searches gave me this e-mail.
Maybe should take a trip to the race track. :)

I have tried this driver and it works wonderfully. I have noticed a freeze or two when handling the device (powering off, ripping USB etc) but I'm not sure it is the driver that is causing this.

I do notice something weird. The remote doesn't seem to work.
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event14) with:
        Driver dvb_usb_dvbsky, table rc-tt-1500
        Supported protocols: RC-5
        Enabled protocols:
        Name: Terratec H7 Rev.4
        bus: 3, vendor/product: 0ccd:10a5, version: 0x0000
        Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

I'm not able to enable any protocols. Nothing happens when running ir-keytable with "-p rc-5". Nothing shows in the row "Enabled protocols" and nothing happens when testing with "ir-keytable -t".

I've tested on a Ubuntu 14.04 (Mythbuntu) with Linux Kernel 4.2 that I have to compile myself. (Don't know in which kernel dvbsky was released) Tested using both Kaffeine and MythTV and it works like a charm (with the exception of missing IR).
I tested using DVB-C with CI for encrypted channels
One more this..
Is there a possibility that Signal strength support could be added to the driver? MythTV uses this and I think Kaffeine also uses it (not sure). Currently the logs are filling up with "Operation not supported".