Re: dvb_usb_af9015: command failed=1 _ kernel >= 4.1.x

On 08/11/2015 12:46 AM, poma wrote:
Furthermore, to fix this issue - AF9015 DVB-T USB2.0 stick brokenness - is the responsibility of developers.
I am here only proven tester.

I hope we understand each other, and this problem will be resolved in good faith.

Your patches are implemented wrong.

When I added mxl5007t support to that driver it was DigitalNow TinyTwin v2 I had. The rest mxl5007t dual devices using reference design IDs went to same due to reason driver detects used tuner. My device is still working fine, which means your device has different wiring. As 2nd tuner attach fails it means there is communication loss to tuner. Which means tuner is most likely hold in a reset attach time or there is some I2C gating which prevents communication.

Patches you sent will introduce another issue. For dual tuner configuration there could be antenna wired from tuner chip to another. After that patch you will lose antenna signal from 2nd tuner on cases where tuner antenna wire is loop through master tuner to slave.

So fix it correctly. Find out reason there is communication loss to 2nd tuner on attach time. I cannot do much as I simply don't have such hardware. And I really do not care to take any responsibility when that kind of issues happens - it is not my job to bough every single device from the market in able to test and fix every hardware combination.

Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/