Re: [media-workshop] [RFC] Media graph flow for an hybrid device as discussed at the media workshop

Em Mon, 10 Aug 2015 14:43:50 +0200
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi Mauro,

Thanks for the review!

> On 08/08/2015 01:33 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > During the discussions at the Media Workshop, we came with some dot files that
> > would describe a hybrid PC-consumer TV stick with radio, analog video, analog
> > TV and digital TV on it.
> >
> > I consolidated all the dot files we've worked there, and added the
> > connectors for RF, S-Video and Composite.
> >
> > The dot file and the corresponding picture is at:
> > 	http://linuxtv.org/downloads/presentations/mc_ws_2015/dvb-pipeline-v2.dot
> > 	http://linuxtv.org/downloads/presentations/mc_ws_2015/dvb-pipeline-v2.png
> >
> > As my plan is to start working on some real driver to produce such graph,
> > please validate if the entities, interfaces, data links and interface links
> > are correct, and if the namespace nomenclature is ok, or if I miss something.
>
> This looks OK to me, except for one small detail: I wouldn't use the name
> "Source entities" for connectors. Instead use "Connector entities" since
> such entities correspond to actual real connectors on a backplane.

Yeah. Well, they're actually "Source connector entities" ;) But I see
your point. All connectors should be marked with a different type at
the media_graph_obj.

> A proper
> source entity would be a sensor or test pattern generator. Which actually
> can occur with the em28xx since it's used in webcams as well.

Ah, true. I'll add that in the graph and use a different color to
distinguish between "source" and "connector" entities.

> And a really, really small detail: in the legend the 'interface link' is an
> arrow, but it should be a line, since there is no direction. The graph itself
> is fine.

Well, I didn't find a way to put a line there. The legend is produced by
an html code. I would need to have a "line" character, or to add an image.

Perhaps I should look deeper to find a bold horizontal line at the UTF-8
charset. &#8212; and &#8213; are too thin. Do you know any char that would
look better there?

> As you mentioned on irc, the v4l-subdevX nodes won't be created for this device
> since all the configuration happens via the standard interfaces.
>
> But if they were to be created, then they would appear where they are in this
> example.

Thanks!
Mauro