Re: Adding support for three new Hauppauge HVR-1275 variants - testers reqd.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 12:11 PM, Tycho Lürsen <tycholursen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Steven,
> I was too curious to wait for you and Antti to settle your differences, so I
> tested again against a 4.2-RC2
> I did not disable DVB-T/T2, instead I reordered the lot. MythTV just sees
> the first system in the .delsys line in si2168.c,
> so when it looks like this:
> SYS_DVBC_ANNEX_A, SYS_DVBT, SYS_DVBT2
> I'm good.

We have no differences, its Antti's si2168 driver. If Antti doesn't
like the approach for tri-stating, he's free to suggest and
alternative. I suggested two alternatives yesterday.

> Result:
> With your patch both MythTV and Tvheadend still can't tune. Without it,
> everything is ok.
>
> I'm not very interested in czap results, only in real use cases. For me
> that's MythTV, but just to be sure I also tested with TVheadend.

That's pretty bizarre results, although thank you for testing. :)

When you say it can't tune, do you mean the signal does not lock, or
that no video appears?

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com