Re: dvbv5-tzap with pctv 290e/292e needs EAGAIN for pat/pmt to work when recording.

Em Wed, 10 Jun 2015 15:50:47 -0300
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Em Wed, 10 Jun 2015 18:27:30 +0100
> Andy Furniss <adf.lists@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
>
> > Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> >
> > > Just applied a fix for it:
> > > 	http://git.linuxtv.org/cgit.cgi/v4l-utils.git/commit/?id=c7c9af17163f282a147ea76f1a3c0e9a0a86e7fa
> > >
> > > It will retry up to 10 times. This should very likely be enough if the
> > > driver doesn't have any bug.
> > >
> > > Please let me know if this fixes the issue.
> >
> > No, it doesn't, so I reverted the above and added back my hack + a
> > counter as below and it seems to be retrying > a million times.
>
> Hmm.... that's likely a bug at the demod driver. It doesn't make much
> sense to keep a mutex hold for that long.
>
> Anyway, I modified the patch to use a timeout of 1 second, instead of
> trying 10 times. It is still a hack, as IMHO this is a driver bug,
> but it should produce a better result.
>
> Please check if the patch below works for you.
>
> You may change the MAX_TIME there if 1 second is not enough.
>
> It could be interesting if you add a printf with the difference
> between start and end time, for us to have an idea about how
> much time the driver is kept on such unreliable state.

Actually, there was an error on that patch. I did some tests here
with a PCTV 292e. While I was not able to reproduce the issue
you're reporting, I forced some errors. The patch should be
working. The only question is if 1 second is enough or not.

So, please test.

PS.: the patch was already merged upstream.

Regards,
Mauro