Re: About Si2168 Part, Revision and ROM detection.

From: "Antti Palosaari"
To: "Unembossed Name" <severe.siberian.man@xxxxxxx>; <linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 6:46 AM
Subject: Re: About Si2168 Part, Revision and ROM detection.

And at the same time, he was able to successfully upload firmware patch,
that
designed for A30 ROM 3.0.2 and makes version 3.0.2 => 3.0.20 after patching
completes. Here it is: http://beholder.ru/bb/download/file.php?id=732

What can be cause of that? Probably it's either broken or corrupted
firmware
(I doubt in it), or possibly it's designed for A30 revision, but with
another ROM
version?

I expected dvb-demod-si2168-a30-01.fw to be update for 3.0.2 ROM. But not sure. Olli surely has sniffs to check which ROM and PBUILD device has replied. If it appears to be some other than 3.0.2 it explains some things (why firmware is incompatible).

That would be really good to retest it somehow.
#define Si2168B_ROM1_4_0_2_PBUILD   2

Here we can see here, that ROM from a chip vendor can come as:
PMAJOR   '2'
PMINOR   '0'
PBUILD   3
And not only 2.0.2, 3.0.2, 4.0.2 and so on.

These values meet 100% for those sniffs. But is there really any other than these? Have you seen any other version than Si2168-B 4.0.2 for example?

No, I have not seen. And a hw vendor, who gave us this little info, also wrote about 4.0.2
But, there is nothing impossible. If they already done that one time. Why not to do it again.

BTW: I've found that I've missed a few more things.
1. It is also possible to start A30 without patch and even stub code. Just boot it.

2. Hw vendor gave us a little advice. I'm not sure, will it be useful for you, but, as he wrote: "when you checking CTS status, check it by a mask 0x3C and she should be empty,
because sometimes you can receive a wrong status, you should ignore it, if by
a mask 0x3C not  zeroes".

3. After fw download completion, it's possible to switch a demod into a sleep mode with a
command Si2168_POWER_DOWN_CMD (without CTS status checking). And wake
it when it needed with a command Si2168_START_CLK_CMD (with a parameter
Si2168_POWER_UP_CMD_WAKE_UP_WAKE_UP) any desired number of times. After that you do not need to reupload fw patch again.

4. After you switching chip pins with a command Si2168_DD_EXT_AGC_TER_CMD, you have to give a command Si2168_DD_RESTART_CMD, otherwise pins will not be switched. And after Si2168_DD_RESTART_CMD you have to wait minimum 10ms.