Re: si2168/dvbsky - blind-scan for DVB-T2 with PLP fails

On 06/06/2015 05:07 PM, Hurda wrote:
Thanks, this worked.
The kernel of Ubuntu 15.04 already was compiled with dynamic debug,
which saved
me a lot of time.
The driver is properly setting stream_id to 1 when needed.

I tried again with the vanilla source and "cmd.args[2] = 0;".
With the vanilla source, it doesn't find any T2-transponders.

You mean with vanilla source, but without that "cmd.args[2] = 0;" hack it does not find any transponders?

With the modified source, the number of found transponders changes every
time

You mean with source, modified with that "cmd.args[2] = 0;" hack it finds transponders, but not always?

If that is difference, then it sounds just like application is requesting some PLP, probably 0, and it will not work as your network delivers channels using PLP 1.

"cmd.args[2] = 0;" disables PLP filtering - it sets auto mode. Why it likely does not find all channels is too short timeout.

Increase timeout value to 3 second, 900 => 3000, in funtion si2168_get_tune_settings()

You didn't provide any debugs to see what PLP ID your application is requesting. It is the most important thing I would like to know, as I suspect it is wrong.

regards
Antti

I'm scanning.
I did four runs: twice it found one mux, once it found two and once it
found
three, but never all four.
I even tried with w_scan-options for longer tuner- and demux-timeouts.

Without changing the position of the antenna or the stick, after
reinstalling
the dvbsky-driver, it found all four T2-muxes on the first try.