Outreachy Program

Hello Everybody!

I am Helen and I've been selected by the Outreachy Program
(https://gnome.org/outreachy) to work in the Media Controller Virtual
Driver project (http://kernelnewbies.org/LaurentPinchart), mentored by
Laurent Pinchart.

The main goal of this project is to develop a media driver that can
simulate a device with a user specified topology. I.e, the driver
should have pre-defined sub-devices (scalers, bayer, debayer, RGB/YUV
Capture, sensors, generating images inside the kernel as Vivid does)
that can be linked together by user space in run-time and compose a
video pipe-line.
Thus, the user will be able to simulate many devices with different topologies.

I'll be interacting with most of you to discuss a good API for a
dynamic topology of a media device and I will probably post some
kernel newbie questions on the way.

The project goes from May 25 to August 25.
Here is my blog: http://helenfornazier.blogspot.com.br/
I am going to post under Outreachy category at least once every two
weeks: http://helenfornazier.blogspot.com.br/feeds/posts/default/-/Outreachy?alt=rss

My nick on irc is koike (its my middle name).

I do hope to learn a lot, do my best and have fun.

Best regards,

--
Helen Mae Koike Fornazier