Re: rtl28xx Leadtek

On 16/05/15 13:23, Vincent McIntyre wrote:
Hi,

I have been trying to get support going for a
Leadtek WinFast DTV2000DS Plus (usbid 0413:6f12)

In case it matters here, I have these cards and am using the driver
built from
	git clone git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git
	git clone git@xxxxxxxxxx:jaredquinn/DVB-Realtek-RTL2832U.git

I get rather reliable tuning with hardly any of the old problems of
zero length recordings of fails to tune  some channels.

I run old fedora 19 though, and things may have deteriorated since?
Last time I needed to build was Jan 31 for kernel 3.14.27-100.fc19.x86_64.
Is this driver included with the kernel these days?

cheers
	Eyal

Christian Dale (cc:d) posted a patch a while ago
and since that time there have been a few patches
from Olle and others that have significantly improved things.

However I am still having issues with the card;
sometimes it does not scan any of the multiplexes
I look at with it, sometimes it does some of them
and sometimes it pulls out some program ids on one
mulitplex but not the others in the scan.
The behaviour is different between the two tuners
on the card as well.

I've written a test script that turns on various
kernel dynamic debug entries and tries to scan,
using the old dvb-apps 'scan' (1.1.1+rev1500)
and the latest dvbv5-scan from git.

Would anyone on the list interested in helping
please take a look at the attached logs of the
run I did? It includes the script output and
what was happening in syslog at each step.

There should be no signal issues, as the same
test script on the same system with the same
coax input works perfectly when I swap the Leadtek
for a DVICO card using the cx23885 driver.
Both drivers are built from the media_build git.

My questions:
  - are there debug items that could be turned on or off
    to help diagnose the issues?
  - are there some perf traces that could be run that
    would be helpful?

Kind regards
Vince

--