Re: v4.1-rcX regression in v4l2 build

Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> writes:
...zip...

First, a question for Russell :
  Given that the current PXA architecture is not implementing the
  clk_round_rate() function, while implementing clk_get(), etc..., is it correct
  to say that it is betraying the clk API by doing so ?

And now the answers to your mail Guennadi :
>> I've seen some patches on ALKML for PXA CCF, is it in the mainline now?
>> Could that have been the reason? Is CONFIG_COMMON_CLK defined in your
>> .config? Although, no, it's not PXA CCF, it's most probably this
No it's not in clock common framework yet.
PXA will switch to CCF in 4.2, as it missed the 4.1 merge window.

> I think I know how this is possible. PXA uses arch/arm/mach-pxa/clock.c
> for clk ops, and clk_round_rate() isn't defined there... Can we add a
> dummy for PXA? It won't be used anyway as long as PXA doesn't support CCF.
I could do it. I'm a bit reluctant because I already prepared my pull request
which fully shifts PXA to CCF, and adding a dummy function will create a merge
issue.

But is PXA the only one in this case ?
>From a first sight there are 5 ARM architectures in the same case :
    rj@belgarion:~/mio_linux/kernel/arch/arm$ grep -rsl 'EXPORT_SYMBOL(clk_round_rate' *