Re: Mystique SaTiX-S2 Sky V2 USB (DVBSKY S960 clone) - Linux driver.

Hi, thanks for your help so far...

It's taken a few days - but I've now tried a variety of things without arriving at any resolution.

Prior to posting, I had not downloaded any firmware.

I placed the firmware from http://www.dvbsky.net/download/linux/dvbsky-firmware.tar.gz into /lib/firmware... I rebooted - the only difference I discovered is that, this time, my keyboard and mouse stopped working when the SaTiX device was plugged in. Investigating syslog (after a reboot) suggested the error messages (previously posted) remained.

I downloaded and built the latest v4l-dvb sources. The upshot was that the device returned to failing as in my original post (i.e. without stopping my keyboard/mouse from working.)

I tried several USB cables - no improvement.

I hooked the SaTiX device up to a modern, Dell, Windows 8.1 laptop. Windows recognised the device as an S960, but was not able to (automatically) determine any drivers for it. (I have no windows software for this device.)

I installed Ubuntu onto a VirtualBox instance, and configured it to use the SaTiX. At first, I thought I'd made progress as lsusb worked... however I quickly discovered an error message:

dvb_usb_v2: this USB2.0 device cannot be run on a USB1.1 port (it lacks a hardware PID filter)

Having installed the extension pack for VirtualBox (to support virtual USB 2.0) the SaTiX device behaved identically to on the original (Ubuntu native) PC - i.e. the same errors in dmesg and lsusb fails to work after the device has been attached.

The only new information that I have are the device diagnostics from Windows - the device reports:

       Bestunar S960                            <--  I was surprised
       not to see "SaTiX" here.
       Vendor ID : 0572
       Product ID : 6831
       Version : 0000
       Revision : 20130511

The green light, on the front of the device, only comes on once Linux has recognised the device...

Can anyone offer any other advice? Have I been sent a different Sky-S960 clone to the one I ordered?