Re: using TSOP receiver without lircd

Thank you David

I'm following your clues

I've contacted Jarod Wilson (redhat), too. If it can be useful to the
list, bellow you can find his thoughts.

Thank you both!

Sergio

On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 06:08:51PM +0200, Sergio Serrano wrote:
> Thank you Jarod for promptly reply.
> Great to hear that!
>
> I'm using omap2 (interrupt+gpio) and
> https://github.com/hani93/lirc_bbb module (I've got already  /dev/lirc
> device).

That driver isn't going to work, its written for lirc. You need a driver
written for the in-kernel IR subsystem. See drivers/media/rc/fintek-cir.c
and friends (iguanair.c, imon.c, winbond-cir.c, nuvoton-cir.c, etc).

> Using the method you mention is it still possible? Or it is only
> possible for usb receivers ?

Physical interface doesn't matter. The driver interfaces do. You'd have to
rewrite lirc_bbb to rc-core interfaces instead of lirc interfaces.