Re: [media-workshop] [ANN] Media Mini-Summit Draft Agenda for March 26th

Hi Hans,

On Monday 16 March 2015 12:25:28 Hans Verkuil wrote:
> This is the draft agenda for the media mini-summit in San Jose on March
> 26th.
>
> Time: 9 AM to 5 PM (approximately)
> Room: TBC (Mauro, do you know this?)
>
> Attendees:
>
> Mauro Carvalho Chehab	- mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx		- Samsung
> Laurent Pinchart	- laurent.pinchart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx	- Ideas on board
> Hans Verkuil		- hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx			- Cisco
>
> Mauro, do you have a better overview of who else will attend?
>
> Agenda:
>
> Times are approximate and will likely change.
>
> 9:00-9:15   Get everyone installed, laptops hooked up, etc.
> 9:15-9:30   Introduction
> 9:30-10:30  Media Controller support for DVB (Mauro):
> 		1) dynamic creation/removal of pipelines
> 		2) change media_entity_pipeline_start to also define
> 		   the final entity
> 		3) how to setup pipelines that also envolve audio and DRM
> 		4) how to lock the media controller pipeline between enabling a
> 		   pipeline and starting it, in order to avoid race conditions
>
> See this post for more detailed information:
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg85910.html
>
> 10:30-10:45 Break
> 10:45-12:00 Continue discussion
> 12:00-13:00 Lunch (Mauro, do you have any idea whether there is a lunch
> organized, or if we are on our own?)
> 13:00-14:40 Continue discussion
> 14:40-15:00 Break
> 15:00-16:00 Subdev hotplug in the context of both FPGA dynamic
> reconfiguration and project Ara (http://www.projectara.com/) (Laurent).

To be precise, this will be both hot plug and hot unplug.

> 16:00-17:00 Update on ongoing projects (Hans):
> 		- proposal for Android Camera v3-type requests (aka configuration
> 		stores)

I'm interested in this as well.

> 		- work on colorspace improvements
> 		- vivid & v4l2-compliance improvements
> 		- removing duplicate subdev video ops and use pad ops instead
> 		- others?

There's also the topic of the media device controller registry that we
discussed during the FOSDEM, but as far as I know there has been no progress
in that area.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart