/dev/dvb not being creating when driver are loaded

Hi. I just installed a clean Debian Testing box and am having a
problem. When I load dvb drivers, /dev/dvb is not being created. I
don't know if this is a dvb issue, udev, or what. I have other boxes
also running Debian Testing, all using current packages & the same
versions of everything as this new install, and /dev/dvb is created
just fine when I load drivers of them. The only difference between
those boxes and the new one that I can tell is the new one uses
systemd while the others use sysvinit. I installed sysvinit and then
uninstalled systemd, did an upgrade-grub, and then reboot but /dev/dvb
still isn't being created so I don't think the problem is with
systemd.

Also, none of the working boxes have any special udev files/rules that
I've found so it's probably safe to eliminate the need for
specific/special udev rules as well.

Anyone have any clue about this?

Thanks