Re: rt-mutex usage in i2c

On 03/15/2015 08:07 AM, Mike Rapoport wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Wolfram Sang <wsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 12:27:03PM +0100, Wolfram Sang wrote:
>>> Hi Sebastian,

> That was some time ago, but as far as I remember, PIO in i2c_pxa was
> required to enable communication with PMIC in interrupt context.

Let me add one thing I forgot: the locking is using raw locks which are
not irq safe. It usually works. But. If the wait_lock is hold during
the unlock's slow path (that means there is no owner but the owner
field is not yet NULL) and the interrupt handler gets here with a
try_lock attempt then and it will spin forever on the wait_lock.

I will try to lookup the threads later…

Sebastian