Re: i.MX6 Video combiner

> On 02/25/2015 11:40 AM, Jean-Michel Hautbois wrote:
>> Hi Steve,

>>> it is activated if user sets the motion compensation control to
>>> 1 (low motion), 2 (medium motion), or 3 (high motion), for
>>> example:
>>>
>>> # v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl=motion_compensation=2
>> Thx for the tip :).
>> And in fact, it is "only" deinterlacing, not combining two planes with
>> background as specified in the TRM (or did I miss something ?).
>
> Hi JM, yes it is deinterlace only, the combiner in the VDIC is not
> being used.

Well, I don't really know if it would be possible to have it too, and
how difficult it is. Maybe as a m2m device, as it could be driven by
gstreamer for instance and would replace pure software composition
element...
I may need to take some time and look further into this, but if anyone
has tested it, or can give me advices on how it should be done, it can
help (a lot)... :).

Thanks,
JM