Re: ISDB caption support

> I realize captions is an application-layer function, and intend to work
> with the CCExtractor team. Do any other applications already have ISDB
> caption support?

there's a mplayer patch for subtitle support:
https://github.com/0p1pp1/mplayer/commit/6debc831d34cad98d1b251920fbdb48f74a880df

It translates subtitle stream PES to ASS, but is is for ISDB-T/Japan.
Subtitling in ISDB-T depends heavily on the control sequences
of the original character encoding (ARIB STD-B24),
so I'm afraid that (at least) PES format is very different in ISDB-Tb.

regards,
akihiro