Re: v4l-utils stable release 1.6.1

Em Thu, 20 Nov 2014 16:31:09 +0100
Gregor Jasny <gjasny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hello,
>
> do you consider something from these commits as important enough for a
> bugfix release?

>From my side, those are bug fixes that affect two RC6 tables:
       ir-keytable: fix a regression introduced by fe2aa5f767eba
       rc: Update the protocol name at RC6 tables

Applying just the first is enough. Basically, RC6 tables are described
as RC6_MCE. The first patch makes the ir-keytable to accept both syntaxes;
the second one fixes the two existing RC6_MCE tables.

This one is an important bug fixes for DVB-S/S2 frequency storage:
       libdvbv5: properly represent Satellite frequencies

This is not properly a bug fix, but I would also add it, as it fixes the
documentation:
	README: better document the package

This is a bug fix, but it affects only the keymap sync from Kernel,
so probably not worth backporting, except if you also intend to run
make sync-with-kernel at the fix tree:
       gen_keytables.pl: Fix a regression at RC map file generation

In such case, I also suggest to backport those patches:
       rc_maps.cfg: reorder entries alphabetically
       rc: sync with Kernel
       rc: copy userspace-only maps to a separate dir

This one also seems to be a backport fix:
       rc_keymaps: allwinner: S/KEY_HOME/KEY_HOMEPAGE/

That's all from remote controllers and libdvbv5 API side.

Regards,
Mauro