Re: SPI interface camera sensor driver for soc_camera framework

Hi Kassey,

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, Kassey wrote:

> hi, Dmitri:
>     is there any sample driver for SPI interface camera sensor driver
> base don soc_camera framework, other than the i2c interface ?

Currently there are no SPI drivers, used with the soc-camera framework.
There is however an example of a non-I2C subdevice driver in soc-camera:
the soc_camera_platform.c driver. You'll see handling of non-I2C
subdevices in soc_camera_probe() in soc_camera.c. However, that driver
hasn't been used since a long time and might well be broken by now. Also,
many newer code paths in soc-camera core unfortunately began to assume,
that I2C is the only way to access subdevices. So, I suspect fixes might
be needed when adding support for SPI subdevices.

Thanks
Guennadi