Re: GrabBee-HD

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 3:29 AM, Dave Kimble <dave.kimble@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
> Your feeling that VB-WinXP would be the problem sent me back to that.
> So I found that VB picking up USB 2.0 devices requires the Extension Pack
> installed with ehci controller enabled , and that cured that problem, and
> the device now finds it's XP driver.

Ahh good to know, thanks for the feedback. I generally don't use VB, I
go with VMWare on multiple platforms.

> The grabber software loads OK and asks for the signal information. Since the
> software goes with this particular device, I am surprised at this - it
> should know it already, shouldn't it?

Yes.

> Although the software's input is the device's output, it also seems to
> depend on the device's input, i.e. the HDMI stream.This stream comes via
> satellite dish and decoder box, and is picking up Freeview channels in
> Australia.
>
> Almost all of the options produce the error: "Sigma Designs USB Device
> device does not active or error !" [sic]
> The best combination of options produces a good picture, but it moves very
> slowly and after a few seconds freezes.
> XP cannot then terminate the process, and neither can VB > Close.
> So I have to VB > Reset
> Then Ubuntu loses the device from lsusb and it needs too be unplugged and
> plugged in again, and VB-WinXP started again.

Urgh.

> Any assistance would be welcome - as you can probably tell, I really don't
> know what I'm doing.

Probably best to validate the hardware and software on its intended
platform and check that everything functions properly. Who knows,
maybe you've got a buggy build or a flakey stick. You may be confusing
one set of problems for VB related when in fact they're something
else.

- Steve

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs