Re: RFC: soc_camera, rcar_vin, and adv7604

  Earlier this year, a colleague and I sought advice on the
combination of "soc_camera + rcar_vin for capture, and the mainline
adv7604 driver (which we have modified to successfully drive the
adv7612).", with reasonable results, noting that we might move
towards "a soc_camera2 with pads support?".

  For the next stage of work, we have created a test branch that
contains an alternative version of rcar_vin.c, based on
v4l2-pci-skeleton.c [from the Documentation tree] and with device
tree initialisation code transplanted back into it.

  This presently creates device nodes happily, and if code from
soc_camera.c is transplanted, we observe appropriate low-level
interaction with hardware prompted by code in adv7604.c.

  I have not yet progressed to seeing calls to rcar_vin_irq()
succeed, however, and wondered if you could shed light onto the places
I might have overlooked?

Cheers,
  Wills.
  (William Towle; william.towle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)