Re: [media-workshop] [ANN] First tentative agenda

Em Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:42:44 +0200
Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi all,
>
> I have collected all suggested topics. If I missed any, then let me know.
>
> There seem to be three groups of topics: one has general topics, one is
> related to the compound controls, per frame configuration and Android, and
> one topic is about complex video pipelines.
>
> Note that there are currently no DVB topics at all.

I have a few topics for DVB:

- I'd like to talk about the libdvbv5 - this will be a sort of
  presentation (about 30 mins is likely enough);

- The new tuner binding model and how to couple it to the media
  controller API for DVB (30 mins to 50 mins);

- I also would like to get suggestions about DVB API improvements,
  in special related to the demod API, but we may also need to discuss
  other improvements, like, for example, the support for DVB-C2
  (I would reserve about 50 mins, as those discussions tend to take
   some time).

Btw, we also need to get a list of attendees, as we might need to
request a bigger room depending on the number of people.

Regards,
Mauro

> I have grouped the suggestions into those three high-level topics. If you
> disagree with where I put it, then let me know.
>
> Also let me know your estimate of how long you think the discussion will take.
> I know it can be hard to pick a time, but it tends to average out anyway.
>
> If you put up a topic, then you are expected to prepare for it, either by
> making a small presentation, or at least to think about what you want to
> say. We have only two days and I don't want to waste any time.
>
> Speaking for myself: on one of the two days I have to give a lightning talk
> in the gstreamer conference and I want to attend Nicolas' gstreamer presentation
> as well. I don't know the times and dates yet.

I'm also thinking on giving a lightning talk at gst conf about libdvbv5.