Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1900 high BER and unable to switch to Composite input

Hi,

[p.s. sorry if this appears twice, I tried attaching the log output files but not sure if the list software allows that, so have added to Dropbox instead]

checking the wiki the WinTV HVR-1900 is suggested as supported:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pvrusb2

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1950

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1900

I am running Arch Linux with Kernel 3.16.1-6 and all other libraries and packages up to date as of writing this posting.

For some reason I am experiencing a quite high BER on the DVB-T tuner side and also I'm unable to switch to the "composite" input for most of the time. On some rare occasions the RCA input works but very rarely.

I have read a similar posting to my issues:

http://www.isely.net/pipermail/pvrusb2/2009-October/002646.html

The kernel and daemon output logs are attached.

[EDIT] https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z3h7b1kctma9kh4/AAB_n_bi4EP1v86M0546-7Vka?dl=0

Having attempted to test out MythTV and TVHeadend, both work fine with the DVB-T portion but have issues switching to the analog inputs. TVH in particular keeps claiming "no MPEG encoder found", when the card does have an MPEG2 encoder. MythTV says either "permission denied" or "unable to connect"?

Running cat /dev/video0 > outputfile.avi does work however, the output is just a black screen with a colored line bar flickering at the bottom of the video space?

All suggested firmware files have been installed and loaded though the logs suggest something wrong with the pvrusb2 driver?

Would anybody be able to help?

Thanks.

Kaya