Re: H3A module on omap4 iss

Hi Sriram,

On Wednesday 20 August 2014 21:01:30 Sriram V wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Going through the Datasheet & omap3isp code. what i understand is
> The code enables the H3A engine for AF, AE and AWB.
>
> Now, the H3A produces co-efficients which need to be used for achieving
> actual AF, AE & AWB.
>
> Now, I could not find any references where these co-efficents are used to
> do AF, AE & AWB.
>
> My specific question is now if i need to do AF - Do you know any formula or
> algorithm which can make use of these co-coefficients and control the sensor
> motor.

I haven't worked with AF personally, I can't really help you.

> Similarly - How AWB is done with the help of these co-efficients when
> AWB is enabled?

I've implemented simple AE and AWB code for the OMAP3 ISP. You can find it at
http://git.ideasonboard.org/omap3-isp-live.git (look at the iq_aewb_process
function in iq.c).

The code should be considered as a proof of concept, in a real system you will
very likely want to implement more complex AE and AWB algorithms. I'd be happy
to receive patches that make my trivial implementation smarter :-)

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart