Advice on DVB-S/S2 card and CAM support

Hi,

I'm wondering what the best solution for getting satellite working on Linux is?

Currently I have a satellite box with CAM module branded by the Satellite TV provider we are with.

As I am now migrating everything including TV through my HTPC environment I would also like to link the satellite box up to the HTPC too to take advantage of the PVR and streaming capabilities.

I run XBMC as my frontend so I was looking into TV Headend to take care of PVR side of things.

My greatest issue though is what is the best solution for getting the satellite system into the HTPC?

After some research my first idea was to use a satellite tuner card; models are available for Hauppauge and other vendors so really it was about which was going to offer best compatibility with Linux? (distro is Arch Linux with 3.15 kernel)

The model of card I was looking was from DVB-Sky:

http://www.dvbsky.net/Products_S950C.html

something like that, which has CAM module slot and is DVB-S/S2 compatible and claims to have drivers supported by the Linuxtv project.

Or alternately going for something like this:

http://www.dvbsky.net/Products_T9580.html

as it has a combined DVB-T tuner, then using a USB card reader for the CAM "smart card".

Has anyone used the cards above, what are the opinions relating to them? Also would they work with motorized dishes?

Since I'm not sure if "all" CAM's are supported as apparently our satellite tv provider wanted to lock out other receivers so they force people to use their own product;

my second idea was to perhaps use a capture card with RCA inputs.

Something like this:

http://www.c21video.com/viewcast/osprey-210.html

perhaps or a Hauppauge HD-PVR mk I edition:

which according to the wiki is supported.

Looking forward to hearing advice.

Thanks.

Kaya