Re: WG: Patch pctv452e.c: Suppress annoying dmesg-SPAM

Moikka Daniel,

On 05/31/2014 12:16 AM, Daniel Mayer wrote:
Hi,
attached micro-patch removes the text output of an error-message of the
PCTV452e-driver. The error messages "I2C error: [.]" do not help any user of
the kernel, so whatever causes the error, it does not hamper the function of
my TT-3600 USB receiver.
So: Just remove the entries in the dmesg, for it is quite spam-like.
Perhaps someone with deeper knowledge could have a look up the background of
this message and fix it?
Thanks,
Daniel

(resent as plain-text; sorry)

That is not proper fix, it just hides it by removing proper error logging.

I debugged real reason earlier:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/50491

I have got even hardware, but I am totally overloaded so I have to prioritize things. I am happy to see if someone fixes it properly.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/