MSI Digivox Trio, should I try to hire someone to patch for this device?

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/MSI_DigiVox_Trio

If you're having a deja-vu, yeah, it's still me. I'm still using this device using my butt-ugly patch by adding:

{ USB_DEVICE(0xeb1a, 0x2885),    /* MSI Digivox Trio */
            .driver_info = EM2884_BOARD_TERRATEC_H5 },

to linux/drivers/media/usb/em28xx/em28xx-cards.c.

It's starting to bug me more and more that I can never update my kernel (well not without hassle anyway). I've written this to the mailinglist before, but with no response.

I just don't have the skill to write this in the neat way it needs to be to be able to go upstream. Should I try to hire someone to do that? If so, any suggestions? Just put an ad up on craigslist or something? Does such a patch have a chance of going upstream? (as that's the whole point - I want to update my kernel again)

It should be really straightforward given that no reverse engineering or anything is needed. It's just what it states above - pretend the Digivox is an H5 and it's done.

Anyone who can tune in on this, please share your thoughts.

Best regards,

P. van Gaans