Re: OMAP3 ISP & BT656

Hi Gary,

On Tuesday 17 January 2012 14:50:49 you wrote:
> I have a number of boards with OMAP 3530/3730 that use the
> TVP5150AM1 video decoder.  On most of these boards, I can
> capture reasonable quality video.  However, I have some (more
> than a few which is reason for concern) where the video is
> either really bad or even the ISP doesn't seem to recognize
> the BT656 data stream.  On the ones that have "bad" video,
> the data is all blown out and barely recognizable.
>
> All the boards are running the same kernel (3.0+ with the
> YUV patches that Lennart and others proposed late last year).
> I've verified that the component registers (ISPCCDC and TVP5150)
> match.  I can't see what could be the cause of such radically
> variable behaviour.
>
> The one thing I've found is on the boards that don't work
> at all, the CCDC_SYN_MODE[FLDSTAT] bit is not toggling, which
> in turn causes no data to be pushed through the V4L2 pipeline.
>
> Any ideas what can cause this?  More importantly, what I can
> try to fix it?  The really scary thing is that all the boards
> in my lab work great, but in the factory (some 6000 miles away),
> more than not don't work :-(
>
> Would it be possible to configure the CCDC to capture the
> raw BT656 data?  These boards are very small and it's impossible
> to get onto the video data lines going into the processor (they
> are all hidden within the circuit board).
>
> Any help/ideas gladly accepted.

I realize this is a *really* late reply :-)

Just for your information, I've posted patches to the linux-media mailing list
that add BT.656 support to the OMAP3 ISP driver. I've CC'ed you, in case you
would find them useful and/or want to test them.

I'm also wondering whether you have been to fix the BT.656 issue you've
described here.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart