Re: [v2] media: soc-camera: OF cameras

On 14/04/14 18:14, Bryan Wu wrote:
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Guennadi Liakhovetski
<g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Bryan,

On Tue, 8 Apr 2014, Bryan Wu wrote:

Thanks Josh, I think I will take you point and rework my patch again.
But I need Guennadi's review firstly, Guennadi, could you please help
to review it?

Ok, let me double check the situation:

1. We've got this patch from you, aiming at adding OF probing support to
soc-camra

2. We've got an alternative patch from Ben to do the same, his last reply
to a comment to his patch was "Thanks, I will look into this."

3. We've got Ben's patches for rcar-vin, that presumably work with his
patch from (2) above

4. We've got Josh's patches to add OF / async probing to atmel-isi and
ov2640, that are not known to work with either (1) or (2) above, so, they
don't work at all, right?

So, to summarise, there is a core patch from Ben, that he possibly wants
to adjust, and that works with his rcar-vin OF, there is a patch from you
that isn't known to work with any driver, and there are patches from Josh,
that don't work, because there isn't a suitable patch available for them.
I will have a look at your and Ben's soc-camera OF patches to compare them
and compare them with my early code (hopefully this coming weekend), but
so far it looks like only Ben's solution has a complete working stack. Am
I missing something?

My bad. I missed the conversation and patches from Ben Dooks and you guys.
I have no problem for merging Ben's patch and I will align my Tegra
Camera patch with that, probably posted later.

If possible, could you test the latest one? I've not had much time
to actually use this and would welcome some feedback.

--
Ben Dooks				http://www.codethink.co.uk/
Senior Engineer				Codethink - Providing Genius