Re: videobuf2-vmalloc suspect for corrupted data

On 04/07/2014 01:20 PM, Divneil Wadhawan wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>> Two more questions:
>>
>> Which kernel version are you using?
> 3.4.58

That should be new enough, I see no important differences between 3.4
and 3.14 in this respect. But really, 3.4? That's over two years old!
If you have control over what kernel you use then I recommend you
upgrade.

>> Which capture driver are you using?
> It's a TSMUX driver, written locally.

I have not seen any reports of problems with vmalloc with arm in a long
time. I know the uvc driver uses vmalloc, and that's used frequently.

Question: if you use MEMORY_MMAP instead of USERPTR, does that work?

Have you tried to stream with v4l2-ctl? It's available here:
http://git.linuxtv.org/cgit.cgi/v4l-utils.git/. It's the reference
implementation of how to stream, so if that fails as well, then at
least its not your application.

Testing whether you see the same when capturing from a usb uvc webcam
(most webcams are uvc these days) would be useful as well. If it works
with a uvc webcam, but not with your driver, then I suspect the driver.

Regards,

	Hans