How to flush v4l2 drive

I read this mail posting about flush operation.

https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg41867.html

My user side application talks to v4l2 driver like this, as an
example, I put qbuf/dqbuf loop 10 times:

open
stream on

for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
    qbuf
    dqbuf
    // process the buffer

stream off
close

>From the message, it said  "close/streamoff() does an implicit immediate stop.
"

But how can I 'flush the stream before my last dqbuf() buffer (i.e.
when i is 9)? When close/streamoff() does an implict stop/flush, I
have already dequf my last buffer, so my application won't see the
'flushed' content.

How can I fix this?

Thank you.