Re: Writing a HDMI-CEC device driver for the IT66121

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the detailed response. As, much as I would love to have a robust, fully functioning implementation for v1, I  think it might be a a bit of 'over-optimization' to write the complete spec into the driver from the beginning.

The question I ask myself is, "how can we get it mainlined quickly?" I'm not sure of the answer but I would like implement and test basic features of HDMI-CEC and then add in the more advanced fun stuff ;)

So I'm trying to test out CEC on the hardware I have. Making clean interfaces would allow for adaptable between 4l2 devices, drm/kms devices and hardware. My question is how can I connect to / test on the hardware I have?

Best,
Sri