Re: dib0700 NEC scancode question

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:13:35PM +0100, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
>Hi David,
>
>On Thursday 27 March 2014 22:40:41 David Härdeman wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 01:07:28PM +0100, David Härdeman wrote:
>> >Hi Patrick,
>> >
>> >a quick question regarding the dib0700 driver:
>>
>> >in ./media/usb/dvb-usb/dib0700_core.c the RC RX packet is defined as:
>>
>> >The NEC protocol transmits in the order:
>>
>> >Does the dib0700 fw really reorder the bytes, or could the order of
>> >not_system and system in struct dib0700_rc_response have been
>> >accidentally reversed?
>
>It feels like a hundred years I haven't work on that. I'm not sure whether
>this knowledge can still be retrieved as of today or not. I would lie if I
>told you that I look the archives... and I can't want to do that (lying and
>looking).
>
>However, I realize that your assumption might not be totally far-fetched. If
>you can find another IR-receiver just check whether the same remote control
>delivers swapped bytes or not (if I understood it correctly, that's your real
>question). Then you have you answer, haven't you?

If I had the hardware, yes :)

I don't, I just want to refactor some parts of the IR handling code
across several drivers, which is why I came across this...I guess there
are others who do have the hardware who will complain loudly if I try
changing it and my assumptions turn out to be incorrect though...

--
David Härdeman