How can I feed more data to a stream after I stream on?

I am using v4l2 m2m framework to develop a resize driver. I have an
image , pass it to the driver and it generated a resize output image.

My v4l2 sequence is
1. qbuf OUTPUT, CAPTURE
2. stream on OUTPUT, CAPTURE
3. dqbuf OUTPUT, CAPTURE
4. stream off OUTPUT, CAPTURE

this works if i have a full frame of image before i start streaming.

But what I only have partial buffers when I start streaming, how can I
qbuf more buffer after I 'stream on' OUTPUT,

I try this, but this fail
1. qbuf OUTPUT, CAPTURE (I qbuf only partial OUTPUT)
2. stream on OUTPUT, CAPTURE

// do this in a loop:
3. dqbuf OUTPUT (I want to queue more OUTPUT as they become available)
4. qbuf OUTPUT

// now I am done, I want to dqbuf my output
5. dqbuf CAPTURE
6. stream off OUTPUT, CAPTURE

I try to do dqbuf/qbuf OUTPUT in step #3, #4 above, but it just stuck
in dqbuf OUTPUT.

How can I queue more of my input data after I stream on?

Thank you.