Some questions timeout in rc_dev

Hi,

The intent of the timeout member in the rc_dev struct is a little unclear to me.
In rc-core.h it is described as:
	@timeout: optional time after which device stops sending data.

But if I look at the usage, it is used to detect idle in ir_raw.c which again is used by the RC-6 decoder to detect end of RC-6 6A transmissions.

This leaves me with a few questions:
 - Without the timeout (which is optional) the RC-6 decoder will not work
   properly with RC-6 6A transmissions wouldn't that make it required?

 - Why are the timeout set in the individual drivers so varied, shouldn't it
   depend on the encoding rather then the hardware used?
   The timeout set in the drivers ranges from 2750us(redrat3)
   to 1000000us(fintek_cir) and all the way to weird(streamzap)

 - Why is the timeout value controlled by the IR driver, when it us only
   used	by the rc-core.
   Wouldn't it make sense to have the timeout initialized to a sane value
   in a single place?

I would like to get rc to a state where it just works for me without modifications, I "just" need to know which changes I can get away without breaking it for everybody else =)

As things are right now the RC input feel very sluggish and unresponsive using a RC-6 6A remote and a ite-cir receiver.

Rune